PBG Procedures & Protocols
These best practices will need to be followed by all parents, players and coaching staff. They do not replace or supersede any protocols or restrictions outlined by state or local authorities.
The Club understands if you decide as a family that you are not ready to return to the fields and please feel no pressure to return. Please communicate to your coach and director of coaching.
STAY HOME IF….(for parents, players and coaches)
Do not come to Gardens District Park if you may have COVID; you had exposure to someone with COVID; you or anyone in your household is caring for someone with COVID; or you are at high risk to catch COVID based on the published Center for Disease Control list.
- Check child’s temperature before coming to any training session
- Ensure child’s clothing are washed before coming to any training session
- Ensure all equipment is sanitized before and after every training session
- Limit use of carpools and have your child ride with persons living in their same household
- Notify club/coach immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason
- Supply your child with individual sanitizer
- Adhere to social distancing requirement; stay in your car
- Ensure your child has plenty of water
- PBGYAA Covid-19 waiver must be signed by parent
- Adhere to all Return to Play protocols
- Wait in car until just before practice begins. Do not form groups.
- No spitting. Cover coughs and sneezes with tissue or elbow. Wash hands or sanitize immediately.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after training
- Wash and sanitize training equipment after every training session
- Do not share water, food, and/or equipment
- Respect and practice social distancing
- Place equipment, bags, etc. at least size feet apart (markers will be provided)
- No use of bleachers
- No high-fives, handshakes, knuckles, or group celebrations
- YAA Covid-19 waiver must be signed
- No grouping of players before or after training
- Leave the soccer complex immediately after training
- All communications with coaching staff will occur via emails, telephone or zoom calls regarding questions
- Inquire how athletes are feeling. If they are not feeling well, send them home.
- Ensure all coaching apparel is washed before coming to any training session
- Ensure all equipment (balls, cones, pinnies) is washed and sanitized before and after every training session
- Coach is the only person to place/pickup/touch cones, discs, or training equipment.
- Small group training introduced - controlled scrimmages / practice games
- Create distance between players when explaining drills or the rules of the game.
- Physical contact to be minimized
- No sharing of water
- Provide physical guides, such as signs and mark playing fields, to make sure that coaches and players remain at least 6 feet apart.
- No parents allowed on the field - no conversations with parents on the field or at the cars
- No use of bleachers
- No players carry coaching ball bags or coaching equipment
- Club Field Monitors will be present to ensure all protocols are followed and to help maintain social distancing with young and adults
- Schedule times will change to limit cross over of early and late training sessions
- All families must sign PBGYAA waiver prior to attending