Coach Steve is the Girls Director of Coaching and Girls Academy Director with experience spanning 25+ years of collegiate, high school and club teams earning numerous State Titles and a NAIA National Championship. Recognized as NSCAA National Coach of the Year, United Soccer Coaches Staff of the Year and developing All-Conference and All-Americans players, he’s aided players on the path to collegiate, US National Team camps and professional level. We are excited that Steve will continue his legacy of identifying and developing exceptional talent in the newly awarded Girls Academy League and at every level of the PBG Predators Soccer competitive program.
“Soccer is a player's game and teaching players to develop to their highest individual potential, playing a quick, attacking style of soccer allows them to express themselves and have the confidence to problem solve within the game. Offering two National League platforms in the GA and the DPL at Palm Beach Gardens gives female players from Palm Beach, Martin, Saint Lucie and Broward counties an opportunity to develop to their highest potential," Steve Burgess.
GIRLS ACADEMY DIRECTOR
- UEFA B License
USC Premier Diploma
USC Director of Coaching Diploma
NSCAA National Instructor
US Soccer National Trainer Centers Instructor
Former Director of Coaching
Elite Player Coach
- Design and administer an overall player assessment program
- Create and administer a player assessment model to foster technical excellence in accordance with US Youth Soccer guidelines.
- Offer age appropriate skills training sessions to foster player development.
- Implement player report card, using the assessment information to make recommendations for player placements/trialists and to ensure continued individual player skill development.
- Develop and maintain technical staff performance management process including goal setting, monitoring, evaluation, feedback and mentorship with DOC.
- Identify improvements to the current program structure, areas for program expansion (i.e. Summer camps, Academy, Parent education) and new program development
- Determine age group levels and programs offered in Community league.
- Implement program assessment process to determine gaps and continue to develop skill based programs.